Monday, March 29, 2010

Menu - March 22-28

This past week I have been more inspired to make new food... I just realized that I was in a rut. Of course this past weekend I got sick so my desire to do anything kind of disappeared. I have a nasty head cold right now. All I can say is that it is good that you're reading this far away from where I am writing it! You can also tell that I'm not completely all together because yesterday when I was starting this post, I published it - really only those of you who subscribe to a reader would have noticed... Another fun aspect of our lives right now is that my son is cutting his 8th tooth! At first I thought he caught what I have, but luckily it is just a tooth for him.

This past week I also planted strawberry plants (and spinach seeds) in our shared garden (we're using part of my parent's garden.) It was great to finally have something planted! My mom and I also planted some vegetables and herbs in an inside container so they can sprout. I am excited for the fresh veggies and fruits when they come! Unfortunately they will not come soon enough for my liking, but I guess that is how nature teaches us patience and to enjoy the fresh produce when it comes. Also the flowers, I am getting excited to see flowers as well!

Our Menu: 

Monday: Raspberry (Strawberry and Orange Marmalade) Cheesecake Muffins and Loaded Scrambled Eggs

Tuesday: French Onion Soup

Wednesday: We had Crostinis for dinner... I was going to make a soup to go with them, but couldn't think of a good recipe that we had enough ingredients to make.
We had three different types: A chicken salad served over broiled herbed tomatoes and topped with cheese.
Second a roasted red pepper with melted mozzarella cheese topped with a slice of bacon and finally, a cheesecake cream cheese with added sugar and topped with a almond cranberry mixture.

Thursday: Chicken Soup Pizza (or that is what I was aiming for it to be, but it did not quite remind others of chicken soup, but it was really good, I think I just created an awesome white sauce...) Recipe for Pizza Crust.

Friday: Macho Nachos

Saturday: BLT sandwich (sorry no picture, but it wasn't anything fancy... Bacon Lettuce and Tomato - I did use some left over guacamole as a spread - which I would suggest doing as it was totally delicious!)

Sunday: Beef, Tomato and Red Pepper Pasta Toss
Be sure to vote for which recipe you want to see on Thursday!

Leave me a comment letting me know what your menu was!

4 comments:

  1. Not fair!!!! They ALL look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No fair! You ate all 3 crostini's in one meal so we should get all 3 recipes in one go too! JK ;p
    But really, if you don't post them this week I'll email you until I get them all one way or another!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, sounds like you had a great week of food. i especially like those macho nachos. they don't like greasy like the ones from the restaurant. you made it healthy and refreshing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Chicken Soup Pizza looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Please leave a comment below. Because I want this space on the internet to be a happy space, any rude or degrading comments will not be published.