Thursday, March 18, 2010

Garlic Herb Angelhair Pasta

As I was baking Feta Chicken for dinner last week I decided that I wanted to make a pasta dish that would go well with it. The Chicken only had 10 minutes until it was finished baking, and then another 3 until the feta was melted on the top of it. So I knew I had limited time... Wouldn't it be nice if I would have thought of making a pasta dish when I put the chicken in the oven?!? Well that's not how it works for me sometimes. I am not always on top of it as I would like to be. (By it, I mean any aspect of my life not just cooking dinner.)
So I decided to make a dish that the sauce could be made at the same time as the noodles were cooking and Garlic Herb pasta came to my mind. Unfortunately I did not take pictures of this dish as I was in a rush to get it done. It is not a hard recipe to make though.

Garlic Herb Angelhair Pasta

1/2 lb Angelhair Pasta
1 Tbsp salt
1/4 cup lime juice

1/4 cup olive oil
2-3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp basil, dry
1 tsp oregano, dry
1/2 cup shredded Asiago Cheese (can use Parmesan)
1 tomato chopped

Bring a pot of water with salt and lime juice added to a boil. Cook Angelhair pasta according to package directions.
Meanwhile, heat olive oil over medium heat and add garlic.  'Simmer' the garlic in the olive oil until it starts to turn light brown. Add Basil and Oregano, stir thoroughly. Remove from heat before garlic turns a medium brown as you do not want the garlic to burn. Cool while pasta finishes cooking. Be sure not to rinse the pasta.
Toss the Olive Oil garlic herb mixture over cooked and drained Angelhair pasta. Toss in Cheese and tomato.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Please leave a comment below. Because I want this space on the internet to be a happy space, any rude or degrading comments will not be published.