Thursday, March 24, 2011

Canadian Bacon Eggs

 I just looked and this is the egg recipe I'm posting this month (3 out of 4). It makes me want to have an egg dish every week to see if the majority keeps voting for egg dishes! I may cook an egg dish every week just because I love eggs so much. I love these eggs though because they are super easy and the Canadian Bacon gives great flavor to the eggs. I also love how easy this is, it lets you prepare a side or two while it is baking.

Believe it or not I made these while on a diet. Yep, it's true. These are not diet wreckers. The latest research suggests an egg a day is safe (although my diet reduced a whole egg to 3 times per week - I can have egg whites but not the yolk) and nutritious for most adults -- and if you eat that egg for breakfast, you'll boost your odds of losing weight. It's the protein that helps you - protein makes you feel fuller longer. I would not suggest eating all 6 of these! I in fact only ate one (and enjoyed every bite!)

 Canadian Bacon Eggs
 First, you'll need a muffin tin. Then you'll need some Canadian Bacon (you can use deli meat in place of the Canadian bacon). Place one slice of Canadian Bacon in each cup of the muffin tin.
 Next, crack open an egg into a separate dish (to make sure there are no shells) and then transfer to the muffin tin. Repeat with remaining eggs. Some of the egg white may leak into the tin  around the Canadian Bacon, unless you're worried about presentation that is great - that part of the egg will have the most flavor.
Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
  Bake in a 350 degree oven for 10 - 15 minutes.
 Remove from pan, serve immediately.
Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. I love this idea! I can't wait to surprise my family with this on Saturday morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been making these for years, except I alternate between canadian bacon, strip bacon, and prosciutto for the base. I also fill mine with frozen hashbrowns or some other kind of frozen potato, sometimes spinach and cheese, and then top it with an egg.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Misshat - love the variations, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Please leave a comment below. Because I want this space on the internet to be a happy space, any rude or degrading comments will not be published.