Thursday, March 25, 2010

Beef Bacon Quinoa

There were actually two winners to this week's poll, so I will be posting the crouton recipe on a Saturday. Hopefully it will be next Saturday, if not it will be the week after that. This week is just a little too crazy for me to get the photos ready and posted. I am sure you all understand.

This was my first time actually cooking with Quinoa. I had previously read that you can make this in a rice cooker, so that is what I decided to do (after all a rice cooker is basically fool proof!) I cooked 1.5 cups Quinoa (in 3 cups water and used 1/2 cup sauteed red bell pepper) for four adults. After the quinoa was finished and I tasted it, I decided what to add to it (I knew I was going to use beef, but not everything else.) Normally I decide before preparing the part of them meal, but as I had never used quinoa before, I had to know what the taste was like so I could determine what flavors would meld.


Beef Bacon Quinoa

In a large skillet, cook 1/4-1/2 lb beef (I used tenderloin steaks, but roast would work well) strips over medium high heat until cooked through.
 Remove from pan and set aside. In skillet, cook 3 strips of bacon, cut into small strips. Add 1 small can sliced mushrooms and heat through.
 
Add beef back to the pan.

Combine with cooked Quinoa (about 3-4 cups) and toss to combine. Salt to taste.
 Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. What I particularly like about this is that quinoa is usually super healthypants and consumed by vegetarians and so forth. So it's especially satisfying to see it with 2 kinds of meat in it, and one of which is lovely lovely bacon. Mmm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That thought had not occurred to me, but now I think of it, it is kind of ironic.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Please leave a comment below. Because I want this space on the internet to be a happy space, any rude or degrading comments will not be published.