Monday, March 15, 2010

Menu - March 8-14

This past week has been a crazy one! My sister and her family were visiting and then the day after they left my son got sick. I didn't even get a chance to catch up on my sleep. You see, when my family visits we always stay up late talking and playing boardgames. It is a lot of fun, but I lost a LOT of sleep! What do you all do when family comes to visit? Stay up late, maintain your normal routine, or something else?

In regards to other matters, I really just have to share this with you - even if my husband probably will not appreciate it. He knows I love him! Do you ever watch commercials and someone in it reminds you of a person you know? The husband in The Sears Blue Appliance  Breakdance Crew (Sears or Kenmore have no idea who I am or that I am writing this post) reminds me of my husband, especially at the end when he says, "Better than just circles, pft, WHAT!" which is TOTALLY something that Hubby would say. Except it would be 'Sucker What' instead of 'pft What'. When we saw the commercial together and I started to tell him this, he knew what I was going to say before I said it. He knew that he sounds like the guy in the commercial. Has this happened to you?

I should move on to the menu before I get in any more trouble for telling these types of stories.
This week's Menu:

Monday: Leftover Taco Soup
Tuesday: Spaghetti & Meatballs - I successfully hid red bell pepper, spinach and carrots (blended in with whole tomatoes before cooking) from my sister's 4 picky eaters... well at least the ones who ate the sauce.
Wednesday: Test Recipe - my sister asked me to make a recipe she submitted to a contest so it is unavailable for voting (and I'm not sure what the name of it turned out to be either...) At some point in the future when the contest is over I may put this recipe in for a vote (or link it if she wins) because it was really good!

Thursday: Feta Chicken revamped with Garlic herb angel hair pasta

Friday: Frozen Pizza (We spent 2.5 hours in Urgent care with my son who had a 102.5 fever)

Saturday: Chicken Stroganoff (Made by my Mom)
Sunday: Creamy Meatballs and Penne Pasta. I finally revisited this recipe and will be posting it on Saturday.

Be sure to vote for the recipe you want to see on Thursday.

I'd also love to see what you're having for dinner each night! Leave a comment with your menu from last week - I need some ideas. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Please leave a comment below. Because I want this space on the internet to be a happy space, any rude or degrading comments will not be published.