Thursday, April 1, 2010

Chicken Soup Pizza

The other day I was reading about specialty pizzas - the type that are not 'normal'. For example, my husband and I once ate at a pizzeria that served Mac and Cheese Pizza. It's true, they really had Mac & Cheese on the pizza, pasta and all. We decided it is an interesting pizza and one that needs to be eaten fresh, definitely not cold! What is the most interesting flavor of pizza you've tried?

After reading about interesting pizzas and knowing I had some cooked chicken that needed to be used, I had the idea for a chicken soup pizza. At first I thought of making a chicken noodle soup pizza, but decided against it as I did not think the noodles would stand the pizza baking. Maybe they would, I didn't really want to test it. So I decided to make a chicken soup pizza, except I knew I needed an idea for the sauce. Gravy just seemed to weird and so I made a creamy sauce and it worked out pretty well!

Chicken Soup Pizza
(Sorry I do not have assembly pictures...)

1 recipe pizza dough

For sauce:
In a sauce pan, melt 2 Tbsp butter, add 1/3 cup cream and 1.2 oz cream cheese-softened. Mix until combined, add 1/2 tsp celery seed-crushed, 1/2 tsp onion powder and 1/2 tsp garlic powder. Heat through but do not simmer.

Assemble pizza:
Top pizza dough (I actually like to cook my pizza dough for 10 minutes before topping, the crust finishes cooking while the cheese melts.) with sauce, spread evenly. Sprinkle 1-2 cups Mozzarella cheese over sauce. Top with 2 cups cooked chicken and 1/2 to 1 cup each of celery-sliced, onion-chopped and carrot-sliced or grated, sauteed until tender. (It would be best if the chicken was cooked in with the sauteed veggies and use the left over juices in the sauce.) Top with 1-2 cups more cheese.
Bake until cheese is melted.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. This looks delicious! I too was looking for a chicken soup type pizza because I just thought my 2 year old might eat it could be healthier!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Please leave a comment below. Because I want this space on the internet to be a happy space, any rude or degrading comments will not be published.