Saturday, June 5, 2010

Five Cheese Stuffed Shells

It's no secret that my husband LOVES cheese. If he were an animal he's be a mouse - and would enjoy eating all the cheese he could get. I like to make him some very cheesy dishes once in a while... This dish was did not contain too much cheese to be too rich - Hubby doesn't think that there is such a thing as having too much cheese, but I do. I found this a very tasty dish and it is going to be my go to recipe now whenever I want to make stuffed pasta. I hope you all enjoy it as much as we did!

Five Cheese Stuffed Shells

To start, we have 5 cheeses... You can't lose with 5 types of cheese. 
 Actually first start by boiling water and cooking 20 large shells according to package directions.
1/3 cup grated Parmesan and 1/3 cup grated Asiago
1/2 cup ricotta, 1/2 cup cottage cheese and 1 cup Mozzarella cheese - grated.
Add 1 Tablespoon Parsley (or 1/8 cup chopped fresh parsley), 1 teaspoon each basil and oregano, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon black pepper - add more salt and pepper to taste if desired.
Once you've seasoned to taste you can add the 2 eggs.
Place about 2 Tbsp of filling in each shell.
Top with 2 cups sauce (I use spaghetti sauce) and 1/2 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese.
Top with cheese and bake for 33 minutes at 350 degrees.
Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. This recipe was featured today on the Favs of Family Recipe Exchange! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh YUM! can't wait to try this recipe! found you via Mommy Go Round!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Please leave a comment below. Because I want this space on the internet to be a happy space, any rude or degrading comments will not be published.