Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Resolutions Week 8... How are your goals coming?

Monday I realized I need to recommit to my goals... Let's just say that I pretty much stunk at my resolutions last week. I did make a new recipe, I made the Garlic herb angel hair pasta and I made croutons for the first time in my life yesterday. I think I exercised once, I still haven't gotten to reading a book and let's just say my sugar intake went through the roof. That was encouraged by making a birthday cake and such...

This week I'm recommitting to my goals. For a reminder here they are: 

- I am going to reduce my sugar intake.  I am having one serving of snack-type treats per week, a limit of 2 desserts per week. I am going to have black out days where I cheat, such as Valentine's, my immediate family's birthdays, Christmas, Thanksgiving, etc.

- Make at least one recipe I have never made each week.

- Exercise 3 days per week.

- Read a good book (fiction or non-fiction) once per month.

- Spend 2 hours doing something each week just for me, blogging not included. I really need to get back into my hobbies and start doing things I have wanted to do.

If you would like to check in each week, leave a comment below with the goals you are working toward.

3 comments:

  1. I love your goals. I'm trying to cut down on sugar too, but it's so hard! I LOVE to bake, and I can't not taste the cookies right? and the cookie dough? and one once they cool to make sure they're still good? ah, it's a problem

    ReplyDelete
  2. The real reason I got so off was making my son's birthday cake... I try to only make serving size desserts now. I have not made cookies since I started my resolutions. I think I may try my hand at a lot of different breads to make up for my absolute need to bake! Something I do with cookies is only bake 6 for my family and freeze the rest of the dough.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great goals...maybe too many to tackle all at once??? Just a thought... good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Please leave a comment below. Because I want this space on the internet to be a happy space, any rude or degrading comments will not be published.