Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Kitchen Tip: Juicing a lemon (or lime)

I love learning tricks that make my life easier... and this is one of them. I don't own a juicer or one of those items that helps you juice citrus fruits - I simply would not use it enough to justify the space. That said, here are a couple of tricks that will help get the most juice out of a lemon (or lime, etc.)

First take your lemon.
Microwave it for about 15 seconds - until it gets warm, but not too hot to handle.
On a clean counter top, roll it using your palm - don't be shy, really press down on this lemon!
Cut the lemon in half.
Notice there is a bit of juice on the counter - that's because the rolling releases the juices. It makes the next part so much easier!
Squeeze the lemon into your hand. It keeps the seeds from getting into the juice (or you can squeeze it over a strainer if you would rather.
This lemon gave me just a bit less than 1/4 cup. It made a delicious fresh lemonade!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Please leave a comment below. Because I want this space on the internet to be a happy space, any rude or degrading comments will not be published.