Let's say you are in the middle of making some gravy... It doesn't taste quite right so you decide to add some salt. Oops... now it is too salty. Ever happen to you? If not, I just have one question - do you make gravy? ;)
An easy fix for this is to cut a potato into thick slices and place it in the gravy/sauce and let it cook for a few minutes. The potato will soak up some of the excess salt. Or you could thin it out and try to season it again. The potatoes are easier if the gravy/sauce is close to being finished.
- ► 2012 (78)
- ► 2011 (121)
- Green Chili Chicken
- Kitchen Tip: Softening Brown Sugar
- Menu: Sept 20-26
- Busy day...
- Baked French Toast with Apple Spice Syrup
- Kitchen Tip: Dinner Ideas
- Tuesday Treats: Individual Apple Pies (crust made ...
- Menu: Sept 13-19
- Foodless Friday: Oops... Ouch!
- Philly CheeseSteak Pitas
- Kitchen Tip: Know Your Cuts of Meat
- Project Food Blog Challenge #1: The person behind ...
- Menu: Sept. 6-12 (and a few other items)
- I need parenting advise...
- Green Chili Burgers
- Kitchen Tip: Is your sauce too salty?
- Menu: August 30- Sept 5
- Foodless Friday: Photos...
- Kitchen Tip: Juicing a lemon (or lime)
- ▼ September (21)
I do not show third party ads. The items below are all my own ventures and you will be supporting me directly by any purchase made from the links below (I do not make revenue from impressions or clicks, only from actual purchases.)