Back when my husband and I were first married (actually about 4 months after we got married,) I created a spreadsheet of recipes we liked and have continued to add to it over the years (periodically, so it is not all inclusive.) When I'm stumped and don't know what to make for dinner, I consult this list. It also helps in creating menus for the week/month. I have found this resource helpful. I have it printed out and in my kitchen - currently on the fridge. Other times it is with my favorite cookbook. If I had time right now I'd probably rearrange some of the categories, but for now it is what it is and I can deal with that.
I would suggest doing something similar in your kitchen (if you haven't already) - it saves on time and serves as a reminder of meals that may have been forgotten for a time. I know I sure do that - my weekly menu posts were actually really helpful in updating my list. If you don't know where to start - you can find my version clicking here - then all you'll have to do is edit for your likes and dislikes. You should be able to download this directly from Google documents. If not you can send me an email and I'll send it as an attachment.
- ► 2012 (78)
- ► 2011 (121)
- Green Chili Chicken
- Kitchen Tip: Softening Brown Sugar
- Menu: Sept 20-26
- Busy day...
- Baked French Toast with Apple Spice Syrup
- Kitchen Tip: Dinner Ideas
- Tuesday Treats: Individual Apple Pies (crust made ...
- Menu: Sept 13-19
- Foodless Friday: Oops... Ouch!
- Philly CheeseSteak Pitas
- Kitchen Tip: Know Your Cuts of Meat
- Project Food Blog Challenge #1: The person behind ...
- Menu: Sept. 6-12 (and a few other items)
- I need parenting advise...
- Green Chili Burgers
- Kitchen Tip: Is your sauce too salty?
- Menu: August 30- Sept 5
- Foodless Friday: Photos...
- Kitchen Tip: Juicing a lemon (or lime)
- ▼ September (21)
I do not show third party ads. The items below are all my own ventures and you will be supporting me directly by any purchase made from the links below (I do not make revenue from impressions or clicks, only from actual purchases.)