Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Kitchen Tip: Dinner Ideas

Back when my husband and I were first married (actually about 4 months after we got married,) I created a spreadsheet of recipes we liked and have continued to add to it over the years (periodically, so it is not all inclusive.) When I'm stumped and don't know what to make for dinner, I consult this list. It also helps in creating menus for the week/month. I have found this resource helpful. I have it printed out and in my kitchen - currently on the fridge. Other times it is with my favorite cookbook. If I had time right now I'd probably rearrange some of the categories, but for now it is what it is and I can deal with that.

I would suggest doing something similar in your kitchen (if you haven't already) - it saves on time and serves as a reminder of meals that may have been forgotten for a time. I know I sure do that - my weekly menu posts were actually really helpful in updating my list. If you don't know where to start - you can find my version clicking here - then all you'll have to do is edit for your likes and dislikes. You should be able to download this directly from Google documents. If not you can send me an email and I'll send it as an attachment.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the fabulous advice! We have a binder, a calendar, and of course a blog... all of which I started 2+ years ago. If I would have started it when I first got married, the collection would be amazing!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Please leave a comment below. Because I want this space on the internet to be a happy space, any rude or degrading comments will not be published.