Thursday, September 16, 2010

Philly CheeseSteak Pitas

Shortly before my husband and I graduated from college we found a place to eat that made some really delicious pitas. One of my favorites was the Philly Cheese Steak Pita. Recently I remembered how much I loved this pita and decided to recreate it. Another deciding factor was that we were able to get some beef lunch meat for a great price. Unfortunately I did not end up taking more than just one picture of this meal (partly because it was a hectic day and partly because I made a pita according to directions and it was too cooked to bend - I ended up making the same recipe and reduced cooking time by a third!). Also, unfortunately, I have not found a great pita recipe to share with you... yet. I'm still going to try!

Philly CheeseSteak Pita
 

For each pita you'll need:
About 2-3 oz beef lunch meat (about 2 slices), cut into strips  (You can use steak cut into strips as well... it will just take longer to cook)
Green bell pepper, cut into strips
Red onion, cut into strips
2 slices provolone cheese
1 pita
toppings of choice

In a pan over medium-high heat cook the lunch meat, pepper and onion until tender. Form into a pile about the same length as the pita. Place the 2 slices of provolone cheese over meat & pepper/onions. Let cheese melt, place in center of pita. Top with favorite toppings. I used Lettuce, more green pepper, red pepper, and tomatoes. I would also suggest using mushrooms.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Please leave a comment below. Because I want this space on the internet to be a happy space, any rude or degrading comments will not be published.