Monday, September 27, 2010

Menu: Sept 20-26

Happy Monday everybody! I hope you all had a great weekend. Saturday I spend the whole morning writing and editing my post for Project Food Blog Challenge #2. I am so grateful for all of those who voted for me so I could make it to challenge 2! I wanted to express my gratitude in my post, but I was 1 word shy of my 1,000 word limit - I had to edit over 300 words out of my original draft... I never did well with word limits - I'm always really short (on those that require you to have at least ### words) or over. I can understand the word limit, after all they have 3 judges that read all the posts! I'm not done asking for votes, though - voting for Challenge #2 starts today. To vote click here or on the link on the left hand side of the blog.

Here's my menu from last week (you bet you'll see Tamales in it!):


Monday: Green Chili Chicken with Rice (I made extra of this chicken and shredded it for the Tamales)
Tuesday:  Tacos
Wednesday: Tamales
Thursday: Tamales
Friday: BBQ Beef Sandwiches

Saturday: Frozen Pizza

Sunday: Sandwiches (simple turkey deli meat - we packed them in a cooler and went on a 6 hour drive to pick up someone at the airport - yep I live 3 hours from the airport!)

Vote for which recipe you want to see on Thursday. Also vote for me for Project Food Blog!

2 comments:

  1. I voted for you! Your tamales look amazing. :)

    And we have a sandwich dinner night too. So yummy and simple and perfect for a family meal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've got my vote! Another favorite blogger friend of mine did tamales, too. They're so labor-intensive...good job!

    Haha, I'm pretty sure I went over the 1000-word limit...I don't think they'll disqualify you for that though, because my first challenge was over, too.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Please leave a comment below. Because I want this space on the internet to be a happy space, any rude or degrading comments will not be published.