Happy Monday everybody! I hope you all had a great weekend. Saturday I spend the whole morning writing and editing my post for Project Food Blog Challenge #2. I am so grateful for all of those who voted for me so I could make it to challenge 2! I wanted to express my gratitude in my post, but I was 1 word shy of my 1,000 word limit - I had to edit over 300 words out of my original draft... I never did well with word limits - I'm always really short (on those that require you to have at least ### words) or over. I can understand the word limit, after all they have 3 judges that read all the posts! I'm not done asking for votes, though - voting for Challenge #2 starts today. To vote click here or on the link on the left hand side of the blog.
Here's my menu from last week (you bet you'll see Tamales in it!):
Monday: Green Chili Chicken with Rice (I made extra of this chicken and shredded it for the Tamales)
Saturday: Frozen Pizza
Sunday: Sandwiches (simple turkey deli meat - we packed them in a cooler and went on a 6 hour drive to pick up someone at the airport - yep I live 3 hours from the airport!)
Vote for which recipe you want to see on Thursday. Also vote for me for Project Food Blog!
- ► 2012 (78)
- ► 2011 (122)
- Green Chili Chicken
- Kitchen Tip: Softening Brown Sugar
- Menu: Sept 20-26
- Busy day...
- Baked French Toast with Apple Spice Syrup
- Kitchen Tip: Dinner Ideas
- Tuesday Treats: Individual Apple Pies (crust made ...
- Menu: Sept 13-19
- Foodless Friday: Oops... Ouch!
- Philly CheeseSteak Pitas
- Kitchen Tip: Know Your Cuts of Meat
- Project Food Blog Challenge #1: The person behind ...
- Menu: Sept. 6-12 (and a few other items)
- I need parenting advise...
- Green Chili Burgers
- Kitchen Tip: Is your sauce too salty?
- Menu: August 30- Sept 5
- Foodless Friday: Photos...
- Kitchen Tip: Juicing a lemon (or lime)
- ▼ September (21)