Friday, April 2, 2010

Foodless Friday

Welcome Friday! When I was in school I use to love Fridays, especially in the afternoon when school was over. It was a wonderfully free feeling. Not having to attend class for a few days, and finally having time to do things. College came and after my first semester I started working in the evenings as a janitor. Fridays instead of working until 9 we worked until 7:30 - my boss was cool like that! So I loved Fridays because of that. One semester I worked out my schedule just perfect so I did not have Friday classes, so then I only had to work on Fridays... Would have been great but the other days of the week I was pretty much non-stop from 9 am until 9 pm. I really did look forward to getting off work on Fridays...
After my husband and I were married, I loved Friday evenings because we made that our 'date night'. Every Friday we would spend time together doing something fun. We would go bird watching,
play games, go on a picnic, play at the park,
or very seldom go out to eat - we usually tried to make our dates inexpensive as we were both still college students... After our son was born most of our date nights consisted of playing games together or watching movies... but not really getting out of our apartment. We occasionally go out on dates, but more often we stay in. I still get excited for Fridays and love it when they arrive!
What day of the week do you look forward to the most?

3 comments:

  1. I think your Friday rituals sound wonderful.
    I look forward to Mondays, which I know is odd. Monday is the only day during the week that I don't have to be anywhere. I can stay home, someone else takes the kids to school, we have no practices or events to get to, etc. For now, until the schedule changes again, I love Mondays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This week, my favourite day is going to be Tuesday, because my husband is once again competing in the Boston regionals of the US Air Guitar Championships, and he's going to be AMAZING. He's got a good song, some sweet moves, and the woman who won Boston the last 3 years running isn't competing this year. But even if he doesn't win or even make the second round, we're still going to have a great time, some friends have promised to show up, and it's honestly tons of fun to watch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like Fridays too. I do consulting work and mostly on random hours through out the week, so it doesn't make that much of a difference for me. But there's something about Friday nights :) We don't go out as much because we have a child, but staying in and having a good meal and watching a movie is our thing.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Please leave a comment below. Because I want this space on the internet to be a happy space, any rude or degrading comments will not be published.