Monday, August 17, 2009

Meals - August 10-16

My recipes this week were inspired by our friends giving us zucchini and cilantro (the exceptions being baked potatoes and chicken fajita pizza). The baked potatoes were because we needed to go grocery shopping and I didn't have enough energy on Tuesday to go - I think my baby was going through a growth spurt. Is it me, or do growth spurts make all moms really exhausted?

I used the cilantro as a garnish for the Stir-Fried Thai Chicken Salad and also in the Fresh Salsa. I don't know why but this Fresh Salsa makes me happy, it is so good! Every time I make it, we always have quesadillas. That's just how it works in our house. We also have tortilla chips... After all there are only 2 of us and it makes 4 cups of salsa. I could cut the recipe in half, but why? ;)

I am going to include photos of the finished dish this week, so please let me know if this is something you would like to see continue in the future.

So here's what we had last week:
Monday:
Zucchini Boats

Tuesday:
Baked Potatoes

Wednesday:
Stir-Fried Thai Chicken Salad

Thursday:
Stir-Fried Thai Chicken Salad

Friday:
Chicken Fajita Pizza Recipe for Pizza Crust.

Saturday:
Chicken Fajita Pizza

Sunday:
Quesadillas made with Fresh Salsa

Let me know what recipe you want to see posted on Wednesday - vote on the right side of the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Please leave a comment below. Because I want this space on the internet to be a happy space, any rude or degrading comments will not be published.