Sunday, August 9, 2009

Meals - August 3-9, Changes with the new site

Welcome to my new site. I have imported all my posts with pictures from the previous site. When I make the recipes on the FoodieCrystal site and have pictures I will add them here as well.

I realized last Thursday that my site name for FoodieCrystal was not really what I wanted my blog to portray. I am not a "Foodie" in the strict sense of the word as it is used today. I do love good food, but not all the recipes I'm going to post will be Foodie type recipes. I also want my site to feel like coming home and having a cup of hot chocolate on a cold day. I want it to be more of a discussion between you and me.

Going along with the discussion between you and me, I'm going to have weekly polls. I decided that with life being hectic right now (my husband is finishing a Master's degree and we're looking for jobs), I simply do not have time to post every recipe that I make each week. So Monday's we're going to have a poll to see which recipes will be posted on Wednesday. The polls will close Tuesday evening and the recipe will be posted Wednesday - probably in the afternoon.

Another new thing with this site is that I will have occasional posts on Tuesday and Thursday. Tuesday will be desserts. I figured since I really love making desserts, I should have a day devoted to that. They are not going to be every week because I don't need that much dessert in my life (I'm still trying to lose those extra pounds from pregnancy). Thursday will be a hodgepoge of things - lunch and snack ideas, as well as answering any questions you may have posted in the comments or emailed me if I think everybody will benefit from the questions.

I hope that you enjoy this new site, I think it is much more what I want it to be.

So this past week, here's what we had:

Monday:
Basil-Lemon Pork Loin Chops

Tuesday:
Barbecued Chicken Tortilla Pizzas

Wednesday:
Grilled Ham and Cheese

Thursday:
Fettuccine Alfredo with salad and chicken

Friday:
We had dinner with some friends - thanks Heather and Logan.

Saturday:
Spaghetti and Meatballs (Meatballs and sauce were pre-made and I just pulled them out of the freezer, so will not be included in the poll)

Sunday:
Ham and cheese omelets

2 comments:

  1. Your menu sounds so good, but especially your meal for Monday! Will you be posting the recipe?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, the pork chops sound yummy! That's what I voted for!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Please leave a comment below. Because I want this space on the internet to be a happy space, any rude or degrading comments will not be published.