Monday, August 31, 2009

Tuesday Treats: ChocOat Chocolate Chip Cookies

So the other week, I was totally craving chocolate. Which does happen with predictable regularity - about every other day... but this was an intense craving and it wouldn't go away, it lasted days and I ate a bit of chocolate on each day, so what could I do? I made double chocolate cookies. I needed to use up some oats, so I decided to make Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies, but then decided I needed MORE chocolate. So I added more chocolate to the mix. The result was SO GOOD. I loved these cookies and they totally helped with my chocolate craving.

ChocOat Chip Cookies

In a large mixing bowl, cream 1-1/2 cups butter (or margarine) and 3 cups sugar. Add 2 eggs, beat for 1 minute.
Add 1-1/2 tsp vanilla, beat for another minute.
Mix in 2 tsp baking powder, 1 tsp baking soda and 1/2 tsp salt. Beat for an additional minute.
Now here comes one of the best parts... chocolate. Mix (beat for 2 minutes) in 6 oz melted unsweetened chocolate. You should melt the chocolate before creaming the butter & sugar to give it time to cool off. Doesn't that look so yummy?
Next, add 3 cups quick cooking oats. Beat until combined.
Then add flour - 2-1/2 cups, also beat until combined. I like to use half white and half wheat. (you can't tell, because the white flour is covering the wheat flour. It makes me feel healthier when I use whole wheat flour in items I know aren't that good for me. (Every little thing helps!)
Finally, add 12 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips (2 cups) (or milk chocolate, if you prefer - my husband does but I prefer semi-sweet so since I had the craving that is what these got!)
Drop by tablespoonfuls onto cookie sheet and bake at 375°F for 10-12 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
Then enjoy these wonderfully chocolaty cookies!

1 comment:

  1. Just stumbled upon your blog and just wanted to say that these cookies look absolutely divine. I will try them this week, for sure. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Please leave a comment below. Because I want this space on the internet to be a happy space, any rude or degrading comments will not be published.