Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Lemon-Herb Pork Loin Chops

So this was the last of our 8 lb pork loin! I was going to use these to make Cuban Pork chops a few weeks ago when we had Cuban Black Beans and Rice (before I started blogging about food) but ended up not using them (obviously). I thought I would try something different. I found a lemon-basil marinate recipe (it basically used lemonade and basil). I tweaked it a bit (okay a lot) and I actually rather enjoyed the flavor of these. I decided to rename these Lemon-Herb Pork Loin Chops.

Lemon-Herb Pork Loin Chops

Marinate two pork loin chops in 1/4 cup lemon juice, 1/2 tsp balsamic vinegar, 1 tbsp basil, 1/2 tsp thyme, 1/2 tsp oregano, and 1/8 tsp pepper. I marinated them for 4 hours, but longer would be better so it can soak up the flavor.
Cook until meat thermometer reads 160°F. I used a Foreman grill, but would suggest using a double broiler (cook for about 10 minutes per side) or a grill.
Enjoy! I served mine with a baby lettuce and apple salad with a mixture of balsamic vinegar and extra virgin olive oil.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Please leave a comment below. Because I want this space on the internet to be a happy space, any rude or degrading comments will not be published.