Monday, August 24, 2009

Meals - August 17-23

This week we had a great menu. I really enjoyed most of the food we had (the black beans were really good, but they are not as enjoyable as the other dishes.) We used the rest of the fresh salsa from last week in quesadillas on Monday. Seriously, quesadillas made with fresh salsa just make me happy. Last week when we went grocery shopping we got a chicken for $0.99 per lb. So I made a roast chicken and tried a new spice combination. It succeeded - I loved the flavor (so did Hubby). We had a salad on Wednesday, I got it ready in a rush and took it to campus to eat with Hubby before going to play boardgames at a friends house. Remind me I need to do a May Be Foodless Friday post about boardgames, they also make me happy. Feta chicken is one of my favorite meals. It is so flavorul and looks so great, but isn't really that hard to make.

Monday:
Quesadillas with Fresh Salsa
Note: if you pick this one I will give you the recipe for fresh salsa and some pictures on how I make quesadillas.

Tuesday:
Garlic Sage Roasted Chicken and Herbed Carrots and Zucchini

Wednesday:
Simple Spinach salad with left-over chicken (spinach, carrots, tomatoes, green onion, chicken with Italian Dressing)

Thursday:
Feta-Topped Chicken Breast

Friday:
Slow Cooker Black Beans with rice

Saturday:
Hubby surprised me by taking me out to eat for my birthday.

Sunday:
Slow Cooker Black Beans with rice

So tell me which recipe you want to see on Wednesday. Polls will close tomorrow night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Please leave a comment below. Because I want this space on the internet to be a happy space, any rude or degrading comments will not be published.