Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Menu: April 30 - May 6

Yesterday I had a severe case of writers block when I sat down to write this post, so I thought I'd come back to it and (obviously) that never happened! I blame it on being very tired since my son has a head-cold type thing and the fact that I can't sleep very well anymore. I had forgotten how crappy I slept last time I was pregnant... except I didn't have a toddler that got up in the middle of the night/way too early in the morning! It makes a huge difference in the amount of sleep received. Although I do remember being told on a few occasions to get as much sleep as I could before the baby comes because afterward I wouldn't. I just smiled and said okay... although that REALLY BUGGED ME! I swear if anybody tells me that this time I will ask them if they even remember what it was like to be in their last trimester of pregnancy. Over 90% of women have trouble sleeping in the last trimester (I read that in a sleep book but am too lazy to go find the source)... not exactly conducive to getting as much sleep as you can before the baby arrives. Even if I had the all-nighter I pulled for labor would have negated it anyway (let's hear it for 39 hours of labor!) I am hopeful that this time labor won't be nearly as long!

Okay, now that I've ranted about sleep and pregnancy... here's what we  had for our meals last week:
Leftover Beef Fajitas 
 Black Bean Tortilla Casserole (we had this 2 nights in a row)
Roast, Mashed Potatoes and Gravy, Carrots
Pizza (it was one of those days!)
Slow-Cooker Salsa Verde Pork Loin Roast, Coconut rice, fruit salad and horchata (we also had chips and guacamole)

What did you have last week for dinner?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Please leave a comment below. Because I want this space on the internet to be a happy space, any rude or degrading comments will not be published.