Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Menu: April 23-29

Happy May everybody! I was all set to write this post yesterday when I got a phone call that changed all my plans for the day! My mom needed me to go sit with my brother and sister while she went to take care of feeding the cows. (She helps every day, but her sister who usually helps hurt her foot and was at the doctor. My brother has been staying with my other brother and sister while she does this, but he went to help yesterday.) Needless to say, I didn't get to this post yesterday as I came home, heated up dinner (we had leftover fajitas) and I also made some strawberry jam (I'd gotten some strawberries for $1/lb but they ended up turning moldy so I had to get to the actually edible ones yesterday!) So I had a pretty busy day ;). But I got to end the night on a fun note - my husband and I played a boardgame before we went to bed. We've gotten out of the habit of playing boardgames and have been trying to play them again. (We use to play over a dozen boardgames a month and now we can count how many we play each month on one hand!)

On to our menu:

We had:
Leftover Grilled Chicken Salad
Grilled Double Cheeseburgers (except I didn't use smoky cheddar, just regular!) 
Beefy Pasta
Vegetable Enchiladas with Creamy Poblano Sauce (had leftovers one night as well)
Grilled Pork & Steak, with grilled squash, flatbread, cantelope and watermelon (We had guests for dinner)
Beef Fajitas (used leftover grilled beef and also tossed in some leftover grilled squash - it was great!)

What did you have for dinner last week?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Please leave a comment below. Because I want this space on the internet to be a happy space, any rude or degrading comments will not be published.