Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Lemon Pepper Chicken

Lemon-pepper is one of my favorite pairings for chicken as well as salmon. I really love the flavor that it gives the meat. It works best when you have fresh lemons and just ground peppercorn, but it still tastes good when using bottled lemon juice and regular black pepper. This time I used bottled lemon juice and fresh ground peppercorn.
The best way to cook chicken besides on open flame, is using a double broiler. Unfortunately I currently do not have access to one. I made it using a George Foreman Grill. This is NOT my preferred method as it usually tends to produce drier meat. However, an alternative method to a double broiler is to place the two racks in the oven at the top (one in the top position and the other just below it) and place a pan of water on the lower rack, then cook the chicken on the top rack, directly on the rack. I have done it, and it works, not as well, but good enough. This time I did not want my kitchen to be that warm, so I went with drier.

Lemon Pepper Chicken

Marinate the chicken in lemon juice (preferably overnight, not just 45 minutes before you are going to make it.)
Before cooking, sprinkle with pepper.
Cook until a meat thermometer inserted in thickest part of chicken reaches 160 degrees. Pictured below with Fettuccine Alfredo.
Enjoy!

Printer Friendly - Click print on the bottom of the linked page

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Please leave a comment below. Because I want this space on the internet to be a happy space, any rude or degrading comments will not be published.