As part of the Foodbuzz Tastemaker Program, I recently received a couple of Eggo’s Real Fruit Pizzas to try out. I'm not the hugest frozen food fan, but I thought these sounded great - fruit and yogurt pizzas. They were delivered to my home in a box and were still perfectly frozen. A day or two later I made both of them. They come in two different flavors: Mixed Berry Granola
I cooked the strawberry pizza in the oven. I put it on a pie plate to cook it. You can see by the size of it in the pie plate the basic size of the pizza.
Then came the shocking moment:
Eggo's website). This is definitely NOT a diet food!
I may buy these as a special treat (translation: once per year or less) but probably not. I wasn't that impressed by them. However if you are the type that likes frozen waffles and such, you may want to give them a try.
- ► 2012 (78)
- ► 2011 (121)
- Tuesday Treats: Triple Chocolate Cheesecake
- Menu: August 23-29
- Review: Palm Leaf Plates
- Review: Eggo Fruit Pizzas
- Foodless Friday: In a Fog
- Taco Salad
- Kitchen Tip: Trust yourself
- Menu: August 16-22
- Campfire Stew
- Kitchen Tip: Flour Storage, Blogiversary and a Giv...
- Tuesday Treats: Coconut Tuiles
- Menu: August 9-15 (Well... sort of.)
- Tuesday Treats: Chocolate Pudding Cake
- Menu: August 2-8
- Foodless Friday: Things aren't always what they se...
- Kitchen Tip: Bread Making part 3 of 3
- Menu: July 26-31
- ▼ August (19)
I do not show third party ads. The items below are all my own ventures and you will be supporting me directly by any purchase made from the links below (I do not make revenue from impressions or clicks, only from actual purchases.)