Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Tuesday Treats: Fruit & Cream Wafers

The other day I was in the store and ran into someone I knew who was looking for an easy treat. They had a budget of $6 and there were several people with diabetes who were going to be eating this treat. So after brainstorming, I came up with Strawberries & Cream Wafers. This treat turned out to be so delicious - I knew I had to share it with you all. Simple and delicious, what is better - it is somewhat healthy! It has fresh fruit.

Fruit & Cream Wafers

1 box Vanilla Wafers (I used the store brand as it has less sugar and was half as expensive as the brand name.)
Whipped Cream (you can use the canned stuff if you would rather.)
Strawberries, hulled and cut into fourths
Chocolate chips or shredded chocolate

To assemble: Place individual cookies on a platter, top with about 1 Tbsp whipped cream, one strawberry and a chocolate chip or shredded chocolate. Enjoy!
You can also make this a Fourth of July treat by using Strawberries and Blueberries.
Delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Please leave a comment below. Because I want this space on the internet to be a happy space, any rude or degrading comments will not be published.