Monday, June 7, 2010

Menu: May 31-June 6

This past week has been an interesting one... One morning (Thursday) my son thought that only 6 hours of sleep (for him not me) would be enough and we got up WAY too early. About 6AM I decided to take a walk with him and so I strapped him in the stroller and went for a 1.6 mile walk. When we got back he was asleep and I was nicely refreshed. Wishing I could go back to sleep but instead I stayed awake the whole day. I rediscovered that I'm not a terribly patient person when I'm really tired. I think I'm still suffering affects of losing 4 hours of sleep. However yesterday I did take a 2 hour nap... but then I couldn't go to sleep for 2 hours as night... So much for trying to catch up on my sleep! I did feel better until I couldn't sleep - it wasn't all the naps fault. I was drifting to sleep when I felt an itch on my side. When I went to scratch it I felt a bug! Needless to say after turning on the light and debugging my bed (it was a black beetle) it took me a while to get to sleep. Hopefully this next week my son doesn't decide to wake up at 4:30AM again. (He usually sleeps until 8:30.)

Here's our menu from the past week:
Monday - Memorial Day (We had our Memorial Day dinner the Sunday before due to family traveling the next day): French Onion Soup

Tuesday: Frozen Pizza

Wednesday: Roast, Carrots and Garlic-Cheese Crostinis
Thursday:  Gorditas (I was going to try making some pockets without frying, but I forgot and ended up frying all of them...)

Friday: Ate at a friend's house - thanks Larry & Tiffany
Saturday: Quesadillas

Sunday: Phyllo Lemon Pepper Salmon
Spanakopita
and Phyllo Mandarin Orange Napoleon

Please leave a comment letting me know which recipe you want to see on Thursday - I'm having issues with the poll.

3 comments:

  1. It all looks yummy, but I'd like to see the recipe for Phyllo Lemon Pepper Salmon - looks yummy, and I really should cook more fish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to hear your French Onion Soup recipe. I have yet to find one I really love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a bunch of phyllo pastry hanging around in the freezer... I second the Phyllo Lemon Pepper Salmon as well!

    ReplyDelete