Thursday, June 17, 2010

Chicken Avocado Sandwich

Due to a poll malfunction in blogger, I did not get to see the final totals of the poll so I will have to go off the last tally I saw which named this sandwich as the winner. For those of you wishing to see the chicken salad sandwich I made a turkey version this week so it will be in the running next week in the poll (of if blogger is still having issues we'll just do comments instead.)

This sandwich was inspired by a sandwich I had at Atlanta Bread Company called California Avocado - which is actually vegetarian... but obviously I added chicken to this one. After we ate it, I looked up what was actually on the California Avocado Sandwich and it turned out that there were only three items in common - lettuce, tomato and avocado.

Chicken Avocado Sandwich

2 Bread slices - I used Black Pepper Pullman Bread (This sandwich does deserve a seasoned bread instead of plain white bread...)
Avocado Mayo - 1 Tbsp Mayo mixed with 1 tsp mashed avocado 
1 leaf of lettuce (I used Romaine)
Red Onion, sliced and separated into rings
White button mushrooms, sliced about 1/8-1/4 inch thick
Sliced tomatoes (I used vine ripened tomatoes)
Avocado slices
Sliced Chicken Breast (I cheated and used a store bought rotisserie chicken mesquite flavored)

Spread mayo on bread slices. On bottom slice of bread place lettuce, top with onion, mushroom, tomato, avocado and chicken breast. Top with second slice of bread. Enjoy!

2 comments:

I love to hear from you! Please leave a comment below. Because I want this space on the internet to be a happy space, any rude or degrading comments will not be published.