Monday, June 14, 2010

Menu: June 7-13

 We had a lot of sandwiches this week! They were all DELICIOUS. Honestly I love sandwiches, and I especially love it when they are outside the 'norm'. The sandwich we had on Saturday night was inspired by Atlanta Bread Company's California Avocado Sandwich (with obvious differences such as chicken...) It's been over a year since I've had it so it was a distant memory but I remember really liking it. Looking at what is on it today - the only items it has in common are lettuce, tomato and avocado. Both are still really good!

Here's our weekly menu:

 Monday: Grilled Cheese Sandwiches, Steamed Broccoli & Fruit Smoothie

Tuesday: Frozen Pizza (ran a lot of errands...)
Wednesday: Chicken Taco Salad

Thursday: Dinner with my local church women's group
 Friday: Chicken Salad Sandwich
Saturday: Chicken and avocado Sandwiches (These sandwiches and the hotbrowns were made with Black Pepper Bread. Note: 1/4-ounce active dry yeast is 2-1/4 tsp.)
Sunday: Kentucky Hot Browns (My verdict: if you have leftover turkey it may be worth it but cooking the turkey and making these in the same day is too much work!)

All recipes this week only have final photos... Be sure to vote for which one you want to see on Thursday!

1 comment:

I love to hear from you! Please leave a comment below. Because I want this space on the internet to be a happy space, any rude or degrading comments will not be published.