Thursday, June 3, 2010

Spinach Pancakes

There were two winners of this week's poll - Spinach Pancakes and 5 Cheese Stuffed Shells. I will be posting the 5 Cheese Stuffed Shells later - most likely on Saturday.

Last week I got to thin out the spinach in our garden, and instead of taking the traditional salad route, I decided to try something different. I found a recipe for spinach pancakes that are served with fresh salsa. I have to admit fresh salsa is one of my weaknesses, I LOVE it!

Spinach Pancakes

4 cups spinach, finely shredded (will be less once shredded)
2 green onions, finely chopped
1-2 Tbsp cilantro finely chopped
3 eggs
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp ground black pepper
1/2 cup all purpose flour
3 Tbsp Water
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated

1/3 recipe for Fresh Salsa

Combine spinach, green onions, cilantro, eggs, salt and pepper. Mix in flour and water. Let stand for 20 minutes. (You can use this time to do other things such as make the salsa because you forgot to earlier, not that I'd know anything about that!)
Heat a frying pan over medium heat. Lightly grease pan and drop spoonfuls of batter into pan. Cook until golden - about 3-4 minutes. Flip over and cook for 2-3 minutes on other side.
Remove pancake from pan, keep warm. Top with 2 Tbsp grated Parmesan Cheese and serve with 1/4 cup fresh salsa.
Makes 4 - 4 inch pancakes. You can make smaller pancakes and serve as an appetizer if desired.
Enjoy!

6 comments:

  1. sounds very similar to a zucchini pancake that I make -- these sound awesome!! We'll definitely be trying them :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds delightful. I will have to try it this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh that sounds good. I have lots of spinach and don't know what to do with it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooh that sounds good. I have lots of spinach and don't know what to do with it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like this one... my toddler is giving me trouble with eating healthy stuff and this might work! (fingers crossed)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay...I love spinach, eggs, and fresh salsa. All of those are a weakness. So i love this recipe! thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Please leave a comment below. Because I want this space on the internet to be a happy space, any rude or degrading comments will not be published.