Thursday, June 10, 2010

Lemon Pepper Phyllo Salmon

I bought some Phyllo dough for the first time... and I made an appetizer, the following recipe and a clementine napoleon. I used the whole box of Phyllo. Unfortunately I couldn't find my pastry brush, so I smeared the butter on the Phyllo by hand - something I do not suggest trying... just trust me on that! Salmon is really the only fish that my husband really eats - which is okay by me because I really love Salmon.



Lemon Pepper Phyllo Salmon

2 - 4 oz - Salmon Fillets
1 lemon, zested and juiced
Freshly ground black pepper
8 sheets Phyllo (I used 9*14 - which actually turned out to be 8.5*13)
1/4 cup butter, melted

Rinse salmon and remove skin. Top with lemon zest, half of lemon juice and ground pepper. Set aside.

Lay out one sheet of phyllo and brush with butter, top with another sheet of phyllo. Brush top of second sheet of phyllo and top with another sheet. Repeat until all 8 sheets are pasted together - be sure to keep the phyllo you are not currently working with covered so they do not dry out.

Cut layered phyllo in half (so it will be 9*7.) Place one salmon fillet in the 9*7 phyllo layers - be sure to fold over thin spots of salmon so it cooks evenly. Fold phyllo over to close. Use butter to stick it together. If the Phyllo does not quite close, wrap bundle with one more sheet of buttered Phyllo to seal.

Bake at 375 degrees for 18 minutes - if using a meat thermometer the fish should be about 120 degrees. Serve immediately.

1 comment:

  1. So simple, but sounds so yummy! Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Please leave a comment below. Because I want this space on the internet to be a happy space, any rude or degrading comments will not be published.