Thursday, June 24, 2010

Chicken Salad Sandwich

About 2 or 3 weeks ago my husband requested that we have Chicken Salad Sandwiches. I really do love these sandwiches. About 6 years ago I went through a time where I ate these almost every day for lunch. Although I have definitely improved on that version! Each time I make Chicken Salad Sandwiches I make them just a tad different, but I have a few of my staples that I always use (unless of course I'm out of that ingredient.)

Chicken Salad Sandwich

1 cup diced chicken
1/3 cup each: diced celery, apple, cucumber, bell pepper (red and/or green)
1/4 cup diced green onion
1/4 cup dry roasted sunflower seeds
1-2 Tbsp Mayo
1-3 Tbsp plain yogurt (or sour cream)
dried cranberries
lettuce
sliced bread

Combine the chicken, celery, apple, cucumber, bell pepper, green onion, sunflower seeds, mayo and yogurt in a bowl, toss until coated. Add the Mayo and yogurt to taste - more if you like it creamier, less if you want it just coated. Place a lettuce leaf on a slice of bread and top with chicken mixture. Sprinkle with cranberries, top with another slice of bread. Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. That looks really good! I cant wait to try it!! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm always so hungry when I read your blog. I love it though! Thanks for the tips!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Please leave a comment below. Because I want this space on the internet to be a happy space, any rude or degrading comments will not be published.