Week Five of Resolutions...
- I cheated on my sugar intake this week, I had an extra serving of my sugary snack this week. I give myself 1/4-1/2 of a cup each week. Last Saturday, I had a rough day and gave myself an extra 1/2 cup. I did notice as I was eating it all in one sitting that I can tell when I eat a lot of sweet stuff now. I actually had to get a drink because it was too sweet. I was eating peanut M&M's (personal weakness of mine) and couldn't finish a half a cup without drinking a sip of milk.
- I made a few new recipes this week. I made a veggie recipe to go with the salmon we had on Sunday. I also made a french onion soup sauce for the first time.
-This past week I did a lot better about exercising! I actually exercised 5 out of 7 days. Two of those days I did an aerobic DVD in the morning and went on a 1.5 to 2 mile walk in the evening. I am starting to get away from the mentality of, "I have already exercised 3 times this week", or "I still have 4 days to exercise, I can take a break." It is great. I try to exercise when I get up every day now. I always take Sunday off, except for walking our puppy. I am also seeing results on the weight scale, which was a secondary reason for my exercise and sugar reduction goal. I have lost about 1 lb per week, which is where it should be since I'm breastfeeding. I am only about 5 lbs off from reaching my pre-pregnancy weight (and a few more, okay quite a few more to get to where I was when I got married which is my overall goal.)
- I actually read a book! I read the book my sister-in-law gave me. It is a Newbery Honor book: Princess Academy by Shannon Hale. It is a great book about a more real life fairy tale. In the book the main character learns more about the country she lives in as she is also learning more about the mountain she was born and raised on. It brings home the reality that as you learn more about the world you tend to learn more about the area around you and appreciate its value more.
- I definitely spent 2 hours reading this week, as well as taking photos (and editing them) of my son for his 11 month day.
How are your goals coming?
Don't Forget to enter the giveaway that is going on this week!
- ► 2012 (78)
- ► 2011 (121)
- Pineapple Ham
- Resolutions Week 5, how are your goals coming?
- Tuesday Treat: White Chocolate Molten Lava Cake
- Menu - February 15-21
- Confession - I'm unorganized...
- Foodless Friday: On Winter and Spring
- Oatmeal Pancakes with Raspberry Syrup
- Resolutions Week 4, how are your goals coming?
- Monday Menu: February 8-14
- Bacon Couscous
- Resolutions Week 3, how are your goals coming?
- Tuesday Treats: Homemade Honey Truffle Chocolates
- Menu - February 1-7
- May Be Foodless Friday: On Parenthood and chocolat...
- Carrot Cake Pancakes with Vanilla Cream Sauce
- Resolutions, how are your goals coming?
- Menu - Jan 25-31
- ▼ February (18)
I do not show third party ads. The items below are all my own ventures and you will be supporting me directly by any purchase made from the links below (I do not make revenue from impressions or clicks, only from actual purchases.)