Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Parmesan Crusted Pork Chops




So I bough Panko bread crumbs for the first time in my life last week. I have never understood why people would specifically list that as an ingredient, why not just use normal bread crumbs? Well, I learned why, Panko crumbs are so crisp and they made this dish so delish! Everyone really enjoyed it, and so I made it again the second night.

I served this dish with a bad imiatation of Noodles & Co Whole Grain Tuscan Linguine. Let's just say, I'm not so great at trying to replicate recipes, I can tweak but not try from scratch. I tried to replicate this one because it is my favorite dish at Noodles & Co but we live about 3 hours away from the closest location. Plus I was craving it, and when I crave a food I really try to get what I'm craving. So that is why I tried to replicate it. Maybe some day I'll get closer than I did last week, but who knows? One reason that I try to satisfy my cravings is because I read somewhere (Prevention?) that it is better to give your body what it is craving so you don't eat more food trying to avoid what you are craving. That is my justification - it works for me!

 Parmesan Crusted Pork Chops

Mix together

1/2 cup Flour,1 tsp Salt,1/2 tsp Black Pepper, and 1/4 tsp White Pepper.

In the flour mixture, dip 4 boneless pork loin chops that have been pounded flat. If you do not have a meat mallet, that is fine. Just place the meat in a freezer bag and bang with anything in  your kitchen that is heavy (but not anything you don't want to break). A rolling pin, cup, etc can work.

Beat 2 Eggs. Do you ever feel like you are a mean cook? Pounding meat and beating eggs... I actually like how easy it is to take out frustrations while cooking ;).

Dip the floured pork chops into the eggs.


Mix 1-1/2 cups Panko Bread Crumbs, 1/3 cup Chopped fresh parsley, and 1/3 cup Parmesan Cheese.
 
 Dip floured and egged pork chops in bread crumb mixture. I shouldn't really say egged, that makes me think of throwing eggs at someone's house. I've never actually done it, but Hubby always makes it as a suggestion for showing people we're not happy with them. Not that we would...
 
 Turn over pork chop and coat other side in bread mixture.
  
Place on cookie sheet.


Bake at 425 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
 
 They will turn out excellent!
 
 Blurry picture of only the finished pork chop, sometimes I just can't win! Just to let you know: blurry food still tastes good.  Unless it is not good blurry food, but that goes without saying so I'll just stop now.
 
Enjoy these with a pasta dish (that hopefully will turn out better than the one I made), salad, or anything else you want to pair with it.

Printer Friendly

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Please leave a comment below. Because I want this space on the internet to be a happy space, any rude or degrading comments will not be published.