Monday, August 29, 2011

Menu: August 22-28

A week ago today was my birthday. I received many birthday wishes on facebook and loved it. Having a birthday at the end of August leans to it being forgotten or overshadowed. For a few examples: school has started on my birthday... jump a few years ahead to college - I was crossing things off my packing list on my birthday. Okay so I was out and out packing on my birthday - not a great way to celebrate. After getting married, hubby and I spent one of my birthday's driving through a few states moving to grad school. This year my birthday was overshadowed by us buying a house - and tell you what. I'm okay with that, because out of all of the things that have happened to overshadow my birthday this is by far the BEST one ever. I actually learned on my birthday that we should be closing on our house 11 days from today. At least I wasn't packing ;). 

Now on to my menu:

 (My birthday - and I didn't cook)
Monday: Rotisserie Chicken and some sweet potato fries

Tuesday: Chef Salad with corn on the cob and cantaloupe

Wednesday: Ate out

Thursday: Pear Pecan Muffins and Ham Nests (variation on Canadian Bacon Eggs)
Friday: Plum Crepes with Ricotta, Zucchini
Sunday: Stuffed Shells and broccoli and cantaloupe

 Vote for the recipe you want to see posted next Thursday. Spinach, Leek & Bacon Quiche won this week's poll and will be posted this week.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday for Monday! Great looking round-up from your week. Loving the BBQ pic, I had one myself on Sunday. It rained most of the time but we managed to drag the bbq under the little roofed area, lol :D

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Please leave a comment below. Because I want this space on the internet to be a happy space, any rude or degrading comments will not be published.