Monday, August 22, 2011

Menu: Aug 15-21

We did not have a lot of new recipes last week, but I did love the menu we had and there is a link to almost every recipe! My husband and I have been taking part in a produce Co-op (first time I've ever used a food Co-op) so I've been putting together my dinner menus on Saturdays after I see what produce I have to work with. I feel it stretches me from my 'norms' and actually makes me put effort into my menus. Plus it makes me plan my menus around produce, which is something I am loving as it shifts the focus from my typical comfort foods to healthier foods (most of the time...) In addition I am actually back to planning my menus, so there is no more asking, "What's for Dinner?"

Here's our Menu:
Monday: Cauliflower and Cheese, Steak Salad (leftover steak and greens), Strawberries
 Tuesday: Zucchini Boats
 
Wednesday: BLT Pizza
 Thursday: Spaghetti & Meatballs, Breadsticks
Friday: Grilled Corn and Veggie Burgers (I did not use the alfalfa sprouts or the lemon zest)
 Saturday: Bean and grain salad (Used left over grilled corn, and grilled squash, did not add any pasta or other grain.)
 
Sunday: Spinach, leek and bacon quiche, Zucchini Pancakes

Vote for the recipe you want to see next Thursday.  Chicken Taco Salad won this week's poll and will be posted this Thursday.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I *love* BLTs... I never would have thought of transforming it into a pizza... wonderful idea. That Mac and Cheese looks delicious too... so creamy! My wife and I take turns to cook, one week each. She never tells me what she's making anymore because I always end up interfering :D

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Please leave a comment below. Because I want this space on the internet to be a happy space, any rude or degrading comments will not be published.