Thursday, July 28, 2011

Stroganoff

Growing up I hated stroganoff. Basically it was because I hated tomatoes... which may be confusing unless you realize that the stroganoff my mom made (and my dad loves) is a creamy tomato sauce. I never realized that the stroganoff she made was not typical. It was not until I got to college that I had a creamy mushroom sauce stroganoff. I now LOVE stroganoff (and I also eat the stuff my mom makes.) 

Did you have any meals that are different that the 'typical' dish?
 
 Stroganoff
 
Trim fat and cut a boneless beef sirloin steak into strips.
In a large skillet, melt 2-3 Tbsp butter over medium high heat.
Add meat to skillet
and while you're at it, add 1/2 cup chopped onion to the pan as well.
Cook until meat is cooked to your liking.


While the meat is cooking (or you can also do this before if you like) combine 1/8 cup flour, 2 tsp beef soup base (or bouillon), 1/4 tsp pepper, 1 cup sour cream
 
 and 1/2 cup water.
 
 Stir to combine.

 The mixture doesn't look super great, but it does taste wonderful when added to the pan!
Once the meat is cooked to your liking, toss in 2 cups sliced mushrooms.
You can add more if you like.
Also toss in 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
Toss in sour cream mixture.
Cook, stirring frequently until mixture thickens and is bubbly.
Serve warm over cooked noodles or pasta.
Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Crystal, Your Beef Stroganoff recipe has been selected to be featured in a Recipe Guessing Game. Please share the following link with your friends and fans. To play, go here: http://knapkins.com/guess_games/300?source=blog Congrats again!! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Please leave a comment below. Because I want this space on the internet to be a happy space, any rude or degrading comments will not be published.