Thursday, October 7, 2010

Chicken Fajita Pizza

I'm glad this recipe won the poll finally... this is one of my favorite pizzas. I came across the idea in a cookbook and had to tweak the idea - they used salsa as the sauce... didn't work for me. I believe the sauce should carry over the flavor of the pizza you are trying to create. I hope you enjoy this pizza as I know we all do - it is good reheated the second day when the flavors have blended as well!

Chicken Fajita Pizza
First prepare a pizza crust.
Next, cook 1 or 2 chicken breasts in a pan with fajita seasoning.
I used: 2 tsp chili powder, 1 tsp paprika, 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp sugar, 1/2 tsp onion powder, 1/4 garlic powder, 1/4 tsp ground red pepper, and 1/4 tsp cumin. For 2 chicken breasts I used 3/4 the amount the above made.
While the chicken is cooking, cut the bell peppers - I used 1 red, 1 green, and 1 orange. 
Also cut one half of a red onion.
For the sauce - combine 1 can (8 oz) tomato sauce
in a saucepan with fajita seasoning. I used about half of what the above seasonings make - of course you can season to your own taste - it was a little spicy, but it evens out once it is placed on the pizza crust.
Heat to simmer or boil.
Place on pizza crust.
Spread evenly (or as evenly as you can get) over the crust.
Top sauce with about a cup of cheese.
Then place chicken on top of the cheese.
Top with bell peppers.
I added quite a few... I love my peppers!
Next, the red onion.
Finally, more cheese.
Bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minute or until cheese starts to brown.
Let rest for 5 minutes before cutting.
I made a stuffed crust with this pizza - hence the fork marks to seal the cheese in.
I think this may be the first time I actually made a stuffed crust, but it may have been the second. I don't remember.
Like I said earlier, it is absolutely delicious reheated the next day or the day after that even!
To reheat the pizza, place in 400 degree oven for 10-15 minutes.
It makes the crust super crispy! 
Or you can reheat in the microwave if you would rather go that route.
Enjoy!

3 comments:

I love to hear from you! Please leave a comment below. Because I want this space on the internet to be a happy space, any rude or degrading comments will not be published.