Thursday, January 28, 2010

Sweet & Sour Pork Chops

So last week we had an incident with our freezer door... it wasn't completely shut so some of the items inside close to the top and front, became thawed. A whole cut up chicken which was used to make chicken noodle soup. Hamburger, which was used to make meatballs and they were frozen - just to let you all know, I have about 200 meatballs in the freezer here - come on over if you want any. ;) Lastly, we had 7 pork chops that needed to be cooked. I searched for recipes that sounded delicious, and finally found this one.

On another note, have you ever made a recipe and totally forgot to add an ingredient? You can admit it if you have. I remember the first cake I ever made from scratch. I was 8 years old and I made carrot cake, I was so proud of myself until it was done and I realized I forgot to add baking powder or soda, I can't remember which. Well I did that again last night, with a clementine cake recipe. I wondered why there were not raising and an hour after they were done I found the baking powder on the counter, measured out but NOT in the recipe. I am going to have to make that recipe again, because they tasted pretty good without the BP, but I'm sure they would be better with it.

So what does that above story have to do with these Pork Chops, well I had put the pork chops into the oven and after about 1/2 hour I realized that I had forgot to put in the sauce. It still worked out though. You can read the orignial recipe to see how Paula Deen makes them, but here's how we had them:

Sweet & Sour Pork Chops

(I named them Sweet & Sour Pork Chops because the toppings are the basics sweet and sour sauce...)

5 pork chops (I used bone in pork chops, but boneless would be better)
1 can sliced pineapple (they contain about 10 slices)
5 slices green bell pepper

5 slices red onion (not a ring, but the whole slice)
salt
black pepper

Teriyaki sauce to taste
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Salt and pepper each side of the pork chops. Place each pork chop on a separate large square (or rectangle) of heavy duty aluminum foil. Top each pork chop with 1 slice bell pepper, 1 slice red onion, and 2 slices of pineapple.

Cook for 45 - 60 minutes or until pork chops reach 160 degrees internal temp. Drizzle Teriyaki sauce (sauce is salty so be careful how much you put on the plate) on plate and place pork chops on top of sauce. The pork chop with absorb some of the sauce.
Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I forget to put stuff in all the time! I've learned that I have to double check every ingredient i put it haha. also, sometimes when I measure flour for bread or something, i so easily lose track of how many cups i've added. that's the worst, especially if there are already other ingredients in the bowl!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Please leave a comment below. Because I want this space on the internet to be a happy space, any rude or degrading comments will not be published.