Now that my little sister is home and we've done our celebrating... Like opening Christmas presents and the like (it was easier to wait to open presents this year since my son is only 10 months old and doesn't know what Christmas is...)
I have my New Year's Resolutions:
- I am going to reduce my sugar intake. I did this a few years ago (okay, like 5 years ago) and it made me feel better and lose weight. Both good things. I need to do both. Who wouldn't want to feel better? I still have some baby fat to lose. (I am having one serving of snack-type treats per week, a limit of 2 desserts per week. I am going to have black out days where I cheat, such as Valentine's, my immediate family's birthdays, Christmas, Thanksgiving, etc.)
- Make at least one recipe I have never made each week. I could never do like some other people and spend a whole year making new recipes, Hubby would be sad that I wasn't making some of his favorites.
- Exercise 3 days per week. I'm not so good at this one. I sporadically exercise, and it usually ends up happening only once per week. I feel by adding 2 more times I won't be setting my goal too high. I may increase this later this year.
- Read a good book (fiction or non-fiction) once per month. I have gotten away from reading lately and want to start it again. Any suggestions? I avoid books with bad language and romance novels.
- Read scriptures each day. Lately, I have been slacking on this goal that I have had for quite a few years.
- Spend 2 hours doing something each week just for me, blogging not included. I really need to get back into my hobbies and start doing things I have wanted to do.
Each week on Wednesday I'm going to be checking in on how I am doing on these resolutions. How are you doing on your resolutions? Do you need to recommit? Do you need to make them still? If you want to have some support and accountability in your resolutions, feel free to leave a comment telling me what your resolutions are and check in every Wednesday with me.
Happy Friday All!
- ► 2012 (78)
- ► 2011 (121)
- ▼ 2010 (208)
I do not show third party ads. The items below are all my own ventures and you will be supporting me directly by any purchase made from the links below (I do not make revenue from impressions or clicks, only from actual purchases.)