Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Resolutions Week 5, how are your goals coming?

Week Five of Resolutions...

- I cheated on my sugar intake this week, I had an extra serving of my sugary snack this week. I give myself 1/4-1/2 of a cup each week. Last Saturday, I had a rough day and gave myself an extra 1/2 cup. I did notice as I was eating it all in one sitting that I can tell when I eat a lot of sweet stuff now. I actually had to get a drink because it was too sweet. I was eating peanut M&M's (personal weakness of mine) and couldn't finish a half a cup without drinking a sip of milk.

- I made a few new recipes this week. I made a veggie recipe to go with the salmon we had on Sunday. I also made a french onion soup sauce for the first time.

-This past week I did a lot better about exercising! I actually exercised 5 out of 7 days. Two of those days I did an aerobic DVD in the morning and went on a 1.5 to 2 mile walk in the evening. I am starting to get away from the mentality of, "I have already exercised 3 times this week", or "I still have 4 days to exercise, I can take a break." It is great. I try to exercise when I get up every day now. I always take Sunday off, except for walking our puppy. I am also seeing results on the weight scale, which was a secondary reason for my exercise and sugar reduction goal. I have lost about 1 lb per week, which is where it should be since I'm breastfeeding. I am only about 5 lbs off from reaching my pre-pregnancy weight (and a few more, okay quite a few more to get to where I was when I got married which is my overall goal.)

- I actually read a book! I read the book my sister-in-law gave me. It is a Newbery Honor book: Princess Academy by Shannon Hale. It is a great book about a more real life fairy tale. In the book the main character learns more about the country she lives in as she is also learning more about the mountain she was born and raised on. It brings home the reality that as you learn more about the world you tend to learn more about the area around you and appreciate its value more.  

- I definitely spent 2 hours reading this week, as well as taking photos (and editing them) of my son for his 11 month day.

How are your goals coming?


Don't Forget to enter the giveaway that is going on this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Please leave a comment below. Because I want this space on the internet to be a happy space, any rude or degrading comments will not be published.