Friday, February 5, 2010

May Be Foodless Friday: On Parenthood and chocolate

I like to think I am a good parent. I think all parents like to think that they are good parents. Sometimes I do not realize how fast my son is growing. He is able to get around so much better than he use to. This hit home about 2 weeks ago when I was busy cooking and I thought my son was behaving very well and not getting into things that I would rather he didn't (like the TV cords, etc.) That should have been my first clue that something was not quite as it should be... He was hiding so not quite in my view, but when I walked over to make sure he was doing okay, this is what I found:
 
Actually I found him eating chocolate from a foil wrapper, pictures didn't get taken until the foil was taken away (that would be the motherly instinct.) I just love how much he is enjoying the chocolate left on his hand!


A new thing that he is doing is acting guilty when he knows he has done something he wasn't suppose to do. However, this time he did not act guilty AT ALL!! He was perfectly happy that he got into the chocolate, it was as if he was saying, 'I KNOW you have been keeping stuff like this from me, and it is GOOD'. He was very happy even when I was cleaning him up afterward.
 
Enjoy Life and Enjoy Chocolate!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Please leave a comment below. Because I want this space on the internet to be a happy space, any rude or degrading comments will not be published.