Thursday, February 18, 2010

Oatmeal Pancakes with Raspberry Syrup

I think I may be off my pancake kick now... This was the last pancake recipe that I HAD to try! There are a few others that I would like to try in the future, but I think I want to make dinner food now. The combination of the pancakes and syrup are delicious. I hope you enjoy them!


Oatmeal Pancakes

In a medium mixing bowl, combine 1 cup quick cooking Oats, 1 cup All Purpose Flour, 2/3 cup Whole Wheat Flour, 1 Tbsp Sugar, 1 tsp Salt, 1 Tbsp Baking Powder, and 1 tsp Baking Soda.
Add 1 Egg, 1-1/2 to 2 cups Milk, and 1/2 Cup Vegetable Oil to dry mixture. Mix until combined. Do not over mix.

In a hot skillet, over medium heat place 1/4 cup batter, cook for 3-4 minutes and flip. Cook for 1-3 minutes more.  Repeat with remaining batter. Top with Raspberry Syrup.

Raspberry Syrup

1 Lb Frozen Raspberries
1 Tbsp honey
1 cup apple raspberry juice, divided
2 tsp cornstarch
1/4 cup sugar or to taste

Place raspberries in saucepan, and heat until gently simmering. Add 1 Tbsp honey 3/4 cup Apple Raspberry Juice. Transfer sauce to a sieve to remove seeds. Place sauce back into saucepan, and heat until simmering. Meanwhile combine 1/4 cup juice and cornstarch in a separate container. Add sugar to Raspberry sauce to taste. Slowly add Cornstarch mixture to simmering sauce. Simmer until thickened. Serve hot.

Enjoy
Printer Friendly Oatmeal Pancakes
Printer Friendly Raspberry Syrup

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Please leave a comment below. Because I want this space on the internet to be a happy space, any rude or degrading comments will not be published.