Monday, November 28, 2011

Menu: Nov 21-27

I hope you all had a happy Thanksgiving and enjoyed spending time with family, if you were lucky enough to be able to do so! We got to spend the day with my husband's family (and with his father's side of the family.) The next day we go to have a luncheon with his mother's side of the family. Luckily they had chicken instead of turkey! I think one year they had lasagna... I like this mom's side of the family, they always have something the Friday after Thanksgiving and don't think turkey is a necessity that day.

I participated in my first ever shopping experience on Black Friday. I couldn't look away from the $1.49/yard fleece at JoAnn's. (This is partly due to my 30 for 30 goal of making baby blankets) I'll tell you what though, it's craziness! I'm not much of one to stand in line and wait for hours just for a good deal. We went after noon when their 25% off entire purchase coupon had expired. It wasn't as bad (we had stopped in before noon and decided it wasn't worth it) but I was still waiting in line to get the fabric cut for a while. So tell me, do you go shopping on black Friday? Or are you more like me and avoid the madness? I do like cyber Monday... I can handle staying at home and shopping! What sweet deals did you find if you went shopping on Friday?

 Monday: Loaded Baked Potato Soup

Tuesday: Herb Baked Eggs & Sweet Potato Ricotta Gnocchi (this site has tutorials on making Ricotta Gnocchi and Potato Gnocchi)

Wednesday: Ate out (on the way to my husband's parents house)

Thursday: Thanksgiving Dinner with the in-laws

Friday: Turkey Sandwiches

Saturday: Ate out (on the way back from the in-laws... it's a 6 hour drive.)

Sunday: Parmesan Crusted Chicken with Spaghetti sauce over roasted spaghetti squash (cut in half, clean out inside, roast for 30 minutes with cut sides down in a pan. Use fork to remove squash. And yes, this is not the right picture...)

Vote for the recipe you want to see next week. This week's recipe post is going to be: Sweet Potato/Coconut Thai Curried Soup.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Please leave a comment below. Because I want this space on the internet to be a happy space, any rude or degrading comments will not be published.