Monday, October 17, 2011

Menu: Oct 10-16 & Flip-flopping ideals

There is a time when I had motherhood all figured out. I knew exactly what to do and how to do it. Then I had my first baby. Honestly, it is amazing how much your ideals can change at any moment when actually dealing with a living, breathing being who is determined to do everything they know they are not suppose to do. 

For a specific example, I was not going to let my child watch anything except for one episode of Sesame Street (or other educational show) a couple of times a week. I was going to watch it with my child and help them learn from it. I was somewhat appalled to learn that parents actually used the tv as a babysitting tool. What kind of inattentive parent sits their child down in front of the TV so they can do something else? Fast forward to today and I'll tell you what type of parent does that - ME (and it's not always Sesame Street - one of his favorites is a show about machines)! And my sanity thanks me for it. 

It is so easy for us to judge situations that we do not understand and tell ourselves we'd handle it differently. However, put in that situation - not just once, but many times - and our attitudes change. As my mom's dad would always tell her, "You don't know what they've been through tweety."
What are some 'ideals' that you use to have that have completely changed? (Parenting or other aspects.)

Now for the menu:


Tuesday: Pot-Luck dinner with our local congregation

Wednesday: Ate Out (Let's just say it was one of those days...)
Thursday: Tortilla Soup

Friday: Mexican Gumbo (Inspired by Qdoba - I loved this dish! It is perfect for leftover tortilla soup!)
Saturday: Spaghetti & Side Salad
Sunday: Quinoa w/Caramelized Onions & Roasted Peppers

Vote for the recipe you want to see next Thursday. This week I'll be posting Chili Rubbed Sirloin Steak.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Please leave a comment below. Because I want this space on the internet to be a happy space, any rude or degrading comments will not be published.