Monday, January 31, 2011

Menu: Jan 24-30

Now for a topic that I don't talk that much about - my weight.  I have to admit that I fell of the diet wagon at the beginning of the week... well, mostly because the modifications that I had made weren't working so I took a break for a couple of days... Then I started the more strict diet. It's working for me now and I'm just a couple of pounds away from where I was in September... I gained about 8 pounds at the end of last year. I'm close to being at that landmark again. I still need to lose 30 pounds, so hopefully this diet will work until I get down to where I want to be.  The main problem is that I tend to follow the diet for a month and then decide I can't hack it anymore. So as it usually happens, I'm my biggest enemy when it comes to losing weight. Part of it is that I want to make cookies and such which do NOT help me follow a diet. I tend to eat WAY too many of them.

I'll move on to the reason you came to read today - the weekly menu:
Monday: Spinach Chicken Alfredo Pizza (I added about 4 cups of raw spinach to the pizza crust - turned out great!)

Tuesday: Green Chili Chicken Enchiladas (Somehow I didn't get a picture of these...)

Wednesday: Leftover Night

Thursday: Pancakes

Friday: Spaghetti & Meatballs

Saturday: Meatball Subs

Sunday: Roast, Carrots and Apple Crisp.

 Vote for the recipe you want to see next Thursday! I'll be posting the Poppyseed Salad this week.

3 comments:

  1. I can relate - I gained ten pounds over the Christmas holidays! And just lost 7 of them. It happens every year... Your pizza looks excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, there are only 5 cookies left. I don't know whether to thank you or curse you. Ronny has only eaten two and the kids have eaten two more total, SOOOOO that means the rest will be showing up on my THIGHS any moment now. They are DIVINE - WAY better than Little Debbies, baby! SO, my mouth thanks you, but my thighs detest you, Crystal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be posting that cookie recipe in the near future... just so your thighs can detest me a little bit more!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Please leave a comment below. Because I want this space on the internet to be a happy space, any rude or degrading comments will not be published.