Monday, January 10, 2011

Menu: Jan 3-9

 Happy Monday everyone (except those of you who are reading this on a day other than Monday, in which case Happy Whateverday!). This past week I've started one of my resolutions - namely to lose weight. More specifically I want to lose enough weight that I don't exceed 200 pounds if I get pregnant this year... what can I say, I'm baby hungry ;). Not completely though, my toddler still is not sleeping through the night - some nights he does, others he doesn't. We're working on it - the thought of being pregnant and not being able to sleep at night frankly scares me, A LOT!  But as far as my resolution goes, I've lost about a pound and a half... I need to get a more accurate scale.

So I mentioned the goal because I want to hear from you as to which day you think I started my diet this week... I'm just curious what you'll all say. To help you, Sunday night was a 'free' dinner. I get one free meal per week - there is no way that recipe would fit my diet, but it was an experiment and I am going to improve it and cut out a bit of the fat...

Other than that, here's the weekly menu:
 Monday: Black Bean Tortilla Casserole

 Tuesday: Peanut Veggie Stir Fry

Wednesday: Chicken Taco Salad

Thursday: Chef Salad
 
Friday: Rib Steak with Spinach Pear Salad

Saturday: Beef Stew (Broth, leftover steak cut up, celery, onion and carrot)

Sunday: From scratch Cheesy Potatoes (aka Funeral Potatoes) with ham (Somehow I missed taking pictures of this...)

Vote for the recipe you want to see next Thursday. This week I'll be posting the winner of last week's poll: Pecan Crusted Chicken.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Please leave a comment below. Because I want this space on the internet to be a happy space, any rude or degrading comments will not be published.