Thursday, January 20, 2011

Peanut Stir Fry

While grocery shopping two weeks ago I found some reduced produce - it was pre-packaged and reduced for quick sale. I chose the best looking two packages, it was a combination of broccoli, carrots and snap peas. I decided to use it that day to make a stir-fry and I really wanted to use peanuts in it, so that's what I did. Unfortunately I did not take pictures of the process, but I do have pictures of most of the sauce ingredients that I used. The ingredients that I used for this stir fry are typical of most of my stir fry sauces. The amounts just change a bit each time.

Peanut Stir Fry

First, you'll need some vegetables. I usually use a frozen stir fry mix, but this time I used fresh - works great either way, although with fresh veggies you'll need to cook them a bit longer. This recipe is for about 4-6 cups of vegetables.
 Olive Oil,
Then you'll need some Soy Sauce, Honey, 
 Sesame Seed Oil, Hot sauce (optional), Rice Vinegar, lime juice (also optional), fish sauce (not pictured)
Chicken Broth and cornstarch.

In 1 Tbsp Olive oil, cook the veggies until crisp tender. Next add: 2-3 Tbsp Soy Sauce, 1 tsp honey, 1 tsp Sesame Seed Oil, 1/2 tsp Sriracha (or other hot sauce), 1 Tbsp Rice Vinegar, and 1/2 cup chicken broth. Add 1/2 cups peanuts. Bring to a boil and then add 2 Tbsp chicken broth mixed with 1 tbsp cornstarch. Stir until well mixed. Simmer until thickened. Serve over rice and sprinkle with 1/2 cup chopped dry-roasted peanuts.

ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Please leave a comment below. Because I want this space on the internet to be a happy space, any rude or degrading comments will not be published.