Thursday, January 6, 2011

Fruit Cheesecake Muffins

While we were at my in-laws for Christmas, my mother-in-law made delicious muffins with strawberry jam in the centers. While I was eating them, I remembered these wonderful muffins that I had made over a year ago and had forgotten about. My sister-in-law wanted the recipe and I decided to share it with all of you! They are such a great treat for breakfast, or any time for that matter!
Cheesecake Muffins


 First mix together 5 ounces of softened cream cheese and 1/2 cup powdered sugar. Beat until smooth and set aside.
 In a large mixing bowl, combine the following: 2-1/2 cups all purpose flour, 1 Tbsp baking powder, 1/2 tsp salt

 and 1 Tbsp sugar.
 Mix dry ingredients together.
You'll also need: 1/2 cup packed brown sugar, 1/3 cup butter and 1 tsp grated lemon peel. The butter does need to be melted.

 You'll also need about 1-1/3 cups milk
 and one egg. Beat the egg in with the milk.
 Then add the lemon peel, brown sugar and melted butter.
 Mix the milk mixture in with the dry ingredients.
 Mix until combined.
 Spoon enough batter to come up to 1/3 of each muffin cup.
 Then you'll need to get the cream cheese and sugar mixture as well as 1/3 cup jam - any flavor you wish - however, if using strawberry/raspberry you'll want seedless.
 Place about 1 Tbsp cream cheese mixture in the middle of the batter in each cup.
Then top with about 1/2 Tbsp jam. In the photo below I have strawberry, raspberry and orange marmalade. Next time I make these I'll be using blueberry jam - YUM!
 Top with remaining batter.
 Bake in a 350 degree oven for 18-20 minutes.
 The original recipe says to insert a toothpick into the center to check for doneness, but guess what... the toothpick will NEVER come out clean because of the cream cheese and jam in the center ;).
 Remove to a wire rack for 5 minutes to cool.  Makes 12 muffins.
  Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. How cool! I can just imagine biting into one of these. Adding another one to my ever-growing list... :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh baby, that sounds good. You make me soooo hungry every time I visit your blog!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Please leave a comment below. Because I want this space on the internet to be a happy space, any rude or degrading comments will not be published.