Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Tuesday Treats: Honey Vanilla Pears

I found a recipe for using pear halves and grilling them using this taste combination. I decided to try this combination with using canned sliced pears and just cooking them in a skillet. I tried it out two weeks ago and as Hubby and I were eating them, he asked, "do you know what these need?" I immediately though cinnamon, and said so. He said, "no cream." Brilliant!
We had 3 more large cans of sliced pears and so I made them for a dessert social that our church's womens' group was having. One of the ladies there told me that she couldn't tell that they were canned pears because they were so good!

Honey Vanilla Pears

Melt 1/2 Tbsp butter in a medium or large skillet.
Add 2 Tbsp honey and 1 tsp vanilla extract
Add 1 can (29 oz) canned, sliced pears - drained.
Stir the pears and sauce.
Cook until heated through (I boiled them for about 3 minutes.)
Place the pears in a bowl. If you have lactose intolerance, stop here. If you don't keep going, because it gets better.
Pour cream (or half and half) over the pears. Serve immediately.
Enjoy!

Printer Friendly

1 comment:

  1. Hmmmm, the half and half really does finish this off. Guess that's why I ate the whole thing myself! Thanks for the great snack. :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Please leave a comment below. Because I want this space on the internet to be a happy space, any rude or degrading comments will not be published.