Wednesday, September 16, 2009

BBQ Chicken Tortilla Pizza

Today's recipe is an easy one, yet a very delicious one. I don't use barbecue sauce a lot, because I don't really like it a ton, but Hubby loves it. That said, I REALLY enjoyed this meal! It is quick, I had them made, in and out of the oven within 25 minutes. These are a great treat when you want pizza but are not in the mood to make a crust. Or you have a couple of extra tortillas that you want to use up (that was my case.) I served this with a salad and watermelon.

BBQ Chicken Tortilla Pizza

First, place tortillas on a cookie sheet. Spread a layer of barbecue sauce on each tortilla. Use as little or as much as you want to. As you can see, Hubby likes barbecue sauce more than I do, so I put more sauce on his.
Place a layer of cheese on top of the barbecue sauce.
Add toppings (about 1/4 cup cooked chopped chicken and 1/3 cup onion slices - cut in half, you can also add some green or red bell pepper if you wish.)
Top with another layer of Mozzarella cheese (as little or as much as you like - as you can see Hubby also likes more cheese than I do. You can also see the dot of cheese in the middle, yeah, that is for Hubby as well. He loves melted cheese!)
Place cookie sheet in a 350 degree oven. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Remove from oven and serve warm.
Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. This sounds so easy and looks fantastic! I would love to make this recipe. I am going to make this really soon! I love red onions and chicken!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so easy. I have a stupid question. The chicken looks like it has BBQ sauce already on it. Do you just toss the baked chicken in it first?
    Glad I found your blog with so many yummy recipes!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Please leave a comment below. Because I want this space on the internet to be a happy space, any rude or degrading comments will not be published.