Friday, September 18, 2009

May Be Foodless Friday: Food Trends

My husband recently forwarded my this link: http://labs.timesonline.co.uk/blog/2009/06/05/what-britain-eats-three-decades-of-grocery-shopping/. It is an interactive wheel showing what British people eat. I'm not British, but I found it interesting... I almost wish the US would do the same. On second thought, I'd be worried about what it would show!

The trend I find most interesting is the increase in sales of what they call 'ready meals' including takeaways (take-out or delivery). To me it show how conveniences have a way of slowly sneaking in. I find it interesting mainly because at least the frozen pre-made meals that I have tried are not that great. I find they tend to be over-salted but generally under-flavored or cheaply made. I do understand take-out though. The hardest thing for me to understand is why people pay extra money for food that could be so much better. I find it difficult to eat something that I could make better for half of the cost (this includes eating out, but I do enjoy that on special occasions, or when I'm totally overwhelmed by life.)

What do you find interesting about this wheel? Don't miss the different categories on the left side. It's fun to just play around with it! I'd love to hear about what stands out to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Please leave a comment below. Because I want this space on the internet to be a happy space, any rude or degrading comments will not be published.